Food Scraps Collection
Food Scraps Collection & Recycling
Over 20 percent of solid waste disposed in U.S. landfills and incinerators is food waste that could be recycled into compost, a valuable soil amendment. There is a growing trend nationally to change the practice for more recycling. More than 10 percent of U.S. restaurants separate their food scraps for composting – and that number is growing.
Several states and a few large cities now require food scraps to be diverted from waste disposal. New York joined the list in spring of 2019 when the Food Recovery and Recycling Act was passed. Effective January 1st, 2022, large generators of food scraps (generating two tons per week or more) must donate any edible food and recycle all remaining food scraps if they are within 25 miles of an organics recycler (composting facility, etc.).
EcoVerde Organics offers commercial and institutional organizations the opportunity to recycle food scraps. Partner with EcoVerde to divert food-related waste from your trash and help turn it into a beneficial, high-quality, organic compost that improves crops, landscapes and gardens in our region.
Why choose us?
- Customer-focused – Call us at our local number (716) 209-3166×1
- Reliable – we’ve never missed a service stop
- We clean the totes for you
- EcoVerde Organics is the only compost facility in the region that accepts a full range of food-related wastes, including meats and dairy
How it works:
- EVO provides sturdy, wheeled totes to collect discarded food.
- Food service staff place acceptable food scraps into the totes.
- EVO crew collects the food scraps, cleans the totes and delivers the material to its site for composting.
Need more than just food scraps waste collection? EcoVerde partners with Casella Waste Systems to bring you a full range of waste solutions.
It’s that simple!
We offer our food scraps partners monthly data reports of quantity recycled, staff training, signage and educational material to promote your positive environmental commitment to your customers.